Hey, I'm Karina.
I want to help you and your team get creative, collaborate to solve complex challenges, and share your stories to inspire action.
People often ask me if I'm "the artist", which delights me to no end. See, I never thought I could make it as an artist. In fact, I dropped my art major despite a lifelong affinity for using markers to tell stories.
As a graphic facilitator with a background in science communication, I get to weave the threads between deep scientific understanding and art, which tend to intermingle anyway when we pay attention.
Using hand-drawn images and words helps my clients visualize new futures, see systems and patterns and synthesize information to help groups better collaborate and find solutions.
I work locally and internationally with higher education, government, non-profit and corporate groups. My unique skill set of deep listening, science & environmental knowledge, and creative illustration is the perfect conduit for your innovative ideas.
I'd love to co-create with you to make large-scale maps, illustrations and hand-drawn explainer videos to share your story.
If you're looking for someone who...
can guide you through the process as a Thought Partner, not just a one-off note taker;
has a deep knowledge of many things, and learns rather quickly;
is well-versed in scientific rigor and how to translate it to wonderfully engaging imagery;
is artistic-flexible AND organized-disciplined;
communicates in a clear, prompt and polite fashion;
shows up ready to rock, clear on expectations, well-prepared and with her own markers;
will capture your ideas beautifully and will leave you with content-rich illustrations, not just a pretty picture;
displays a delightful quick wit...
...I'm a good match for you. Go ahead, click that beautiful button so we can start collaborating.
A select list of groups I've had the pleasure of working with:
- AARP Colorado
- The Africa Center
- BASF Latin America
- The Center for Public Deliberation
- Cisco Systems
- City of Fort Collins Government
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
- Colorado State University
- The Community Foundation of Northern Colorado
- CU Denver
- Denver Office of Sustainability
- Environmental Governance Working Group
- FoCo Cafe
- The Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Larimer County Natural Areas
- LDK Consultants - Greece
- National Parks Conservation Association
- The National Park Service
- National Snow and Ice Data Center
- New Belgium Brewing
- The One Health Institute
- Rosabella Consulting
- Salt Lake City Government
- Samburu Youth Education Fund
- Triangle Ventures
- United Nations University - Tokyo
- University of Accra - Ghana
- University of Oslo - Norway
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Ute Mountain Ute Tribe
- World Parks Congress - Sydney Australia